The information we collect and how we use it
We will use, store or otherwise process any personal information that relates to and identifies you, including but not limited to your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and any other information collected on registration, through surveys and through competitions to the extent reasonably necessary to provide the services that are available through our Website. We will collect this information through:
- direct interactions with you (for example, where you provide us with your information in relation to a survey or competition we are running); or
- We process this information for the purpose of:
- dealing with your inquiries and requests
- providing and personalising our services
- crime prevention and prosecution of offenders
- maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource
- carrying out market research campaigns
- running competitions and other promotional events and campaigns
- comply with our legal or regulatory obligations
We also gather information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring Website usage and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
If you choose to post messages on our Website, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
Marketing and our communications with you
You may from time to time wish us to provide you with information about our Website or any other service or products including those of third parties which we think may be of interest to you. We will only send you information about:
- our services; or
- services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organisations, if you have asked us to provide you with such information.
We will only ever send you promotional information in accordance with your preferences.
If you have any concerns about the use of your personal information by us please contact us in writing at Bez Official, Ashley Barn Farmhouse, Briantspuddle, Dorset, DT2 7HL.
The legal basis for using your personal information
We will only collect, use and share your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be because:
- our use of your personal information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organisation (for example, where we undertaken market research or retain information as a reference tool or general resource) – in these cases we will look after your information at all times in a way that is proportionate and respects your privacy rights and you have a right to object to processing as explained in the “Your rights in relation to your information” section below;
- you have provided your consent to us using your personal information (for example, in relation to any electronic direct marketing communications we send to you);
- our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (for example, to facilitate your entry into the competitions that you enter); and/or
- our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have (for example, where we are required to make filings with HMRC or other government agencies, or to comply with requests or law enforcement or other regulatory bodies).
Information security and retention
In specific circumstances we may store your personal information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal information or dealings.
To whom will your information be disclosed?
- our employees;
- our group companies and their employees;
- successors in title to our business and any potential or actual third party purchaser of our business or assets;
- third party consultants, contractors or other service providers who may access your personal information when providing services (including but not limited to IT support services) to us;
- government bodies and law enforcement agencies and in response to other legal and regulatory requests;
- auditors or contractors or other advisers auditing, assisting with or advising on any of our business purposes, in any jurisdiction where we operate.
Your rights in relation to your information
You can write to us at any time to obtain a copy of your information and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Where appropriate, you may have your personal information erased, rectified or amended. We should be grateful if you would also provide brief details of the information of which you would like a copy or which you would like to be corrected (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
You can ask us to restrict our use of your personal information, but only where (i) its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or (ii) the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; (iii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (iv) you have exercised the right to object (see below), and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
You can object to any processing of your personal information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests.
If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
You can request that we change the manner in which we contact you for marketing purposes.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, which can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or via other methods of communication as explained on their website (currently https://ico.org.uk).
Transferring information globally
Use of your personal information submitted to other websites
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you accessed the third-party website using links from our Website. We recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact the owner or operator of such website if you have concerns or questions.
For further information from us on data protection and privacy or any requests concerning your personal information please write to Bez Official, Ashley Barn Farmhouse, Briantspuddle, Dorset, DT2 7HL or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.